ArtPrize 2014 has concluded. It's been a great three weeks! Thank you to our sponsors, volunteers, artists and visitors!
Here are a few highlights from this year's event:
• First year to incorporate a theme for the Cathedral Square exhibit; all 40 artists were chosen based on the theme of “rhythm” in their works
• First year to host time-based art entries, including performance and video
• Artist Zach Mory’s “24 Circles and Diamonds” was 1 of 5 selected for the 2D Juried Short List. ArtPrize 2014 Category Jurors Reveal Their Top Picks (ArtPrize Blog, Sept. 29)
• Lee Mothes’ “Big Waves Live” drawings and Dennis Rybicki’s “Voices of the City" concert made the Public Top 100 (from over 1500 entries total)
• Nate Lareau’s “Urban Tumbleweed” was voted into the running for Public Final 20 List, in the Top 5 Time-based category. ArtPrize 2014: Meet Final 20 artist Nathan Lareau "Urban Tumbleweed" (Mlive, Oct. 6, 2014)
• Broke attendance records from last year by more than 20% - total visitor count this year was over 18,000!
Read a recap of the ArtPrize Awards on Mlive.
In its sixth year, ArtPrize continued its unorthodox and intriguing approach to art and the public and Cathedral Square joins in once again as a showcase venue.
Cathedral Square has been a part of the ArtPrize experience since the event's inception in 2009 and this year was no different! For 2014, Cathedral Square participated once again as an ArtPrize showcase venue. (Read media release)
Venue Theme for 2014
Artists and visitors! For 2014 we've selected a venue theme around the idea of "rhythm", which you can read more about here.
The ArtPrize Voice Project What is it?
ArtPrize at Cathedral Square Venue Team:
Elizabeth Hertl, Venue Curator
Michelle Plumstead, Assistant Curator
Dustin Coon, Venue Communications
Contact our Venue Team:
Showcase Venue Hours during ArtPrize:
Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thank you to our Venue Sponsors!
Aquinas College | Dan and Sherry Bowen | John and Mary Hendrickson | Mike and Sue Jandernoa |
Beene Garter | Mercy Health | Aria Show Technology | Swift Printing & Communications | West Michigan Caterer | Merpi Media | Van Haren Electric