ArtPrize7 (2015) has concluded. It's been a great three weeks! Thank you to our volunteers, artists and visitors!
Special thanks to our Venue Sponsors!
Aquinas College | John and Mary Hendrickson | Mike and Sue Jandernoa | Beene Garter | Catholic Information Center | Mercy Health | Swift Printing & Communications | West Michigan Caterer | Merpi Media
Here are a few highlights from this year's event:
- ArtPrize at Cathedral Square hosted the greatest number of educational events in its history as a venue. There was something for just about everyone - adults, young professionals and families!
- Our new curator for 2015, H.J. Slider was featured in this ArtPrize report from WZZM (Watch)
- Learn more about our curator and assistant curator, Callin Cherry, from Aquinas College (Read)
- Watch our short time-lapse video showing what it's like to transform Cathedral Square's conference space into an ArtPrize venue.
- Students learn about Art, Academics, Hope with Cathedral Square artist Rita Swartz. (Read)
- ArtPrize at Cathedral Square worth a stop from The River (Read)
- Putting her experience as the former ArtPrize at Cathedral Square curator to use, Elizabeth Hertl moves on to exciting new ArtPrize adventures in 2015 (Read)
About our venue
Located in the Heartside Neighborhood near the intersection of Wealthy Street and Division Avenue and anchored by the 125-year old Cathedral of Saint Andrew, Cathedral Square is an 11.5 acre park-like area with indoor exhibition space. The square's outdoor gardens are beautifully landscaped and guests are welcome to meander the pedestrian-friendly, winding walkways.
Cathedral Square includes the cathedral, Cathedral Square Center/Wege Conference Center, Catholic
Central High School, Keeler Plaza, Wege Gardens and the Piazza Secchia in front of the Cathedral of Saint Andrew. Reminiscent of a European square where people gather for religious and community celebrations, Piazza Secchia is modeled after Michelangelo's Piazza del Campidoglio in Rome.
Map & directions
Our Venue Team:
H.J. Slider, Venue Curator
Callin Cherry, Assistant Curator
Contact our Venue Team:
Showcase Venue Hours during ArtPrize:
Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Photo descriptions: (above) Samuel Takembaiyee with his ArtPrize entry "Ascent."